Re: devil's advocacy

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 75 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In Bivio-bOP@yahoogroups.com, Rob Nagler <nagler@b...> wrote:
      [...]

      Thanks for your detailed response. I will peruse it at length shortly.

      > > Hard to learn, easy to build myself -- so... I would expend just as
      > > much(?) effort to learn bOP as I would to write jOP?
      >
      > Ugh. First you would have to write "eval" in Java

      No, no, I was being much more egotistical than that. The j was for
      jeff's :-D

      > and that would be
      > a lot of work for nothing. If you are starting from scratch, pick a
      > language that has a good, reliable interpreter already built in.

      OK, Forth it is!
    • Tom Vilot
      Message 75 of 75 , Feb 16, 2006

        > Is the core UCD SNMP library is installed ? Maybe it's
        > installed in a non-default location?

        Well --- I have the include files in /usr/include/ucd-snmp

        there are some libraries that *could* be ucd-snmp here:

        /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.5.2.0.dylib
        /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.5.2.1.dylib
        /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.5.dylib
        /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.dylib