Shutting down this list

  • Bram Cohen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2005
      Since none of the actual BitTorrent developers read this list, and most of
      the discussion on this list has been purportedly about development, I'm
      now shutting it down.

      If any of you people who have been discussing protocol here would like to
      design your own protocol, go right ahead, but don't call it BitTorrent.

      -Bram
    • John Hoffman
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22, 2005
        >Since none of the actual BitTorrent developers read this list, and most of
        >the discussion on this list has been purportedly about development, I'm
        >now shutting it down.

        Uh -- please don't?

        I know the s/n ratio is kinda low, but I think the list is useful.
      • Andrew Brampton
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2005
          If this list is going to close, I suggest people jump ship and head over to
          btports (also hosted on yahoo).
          They have a very similar topics, and I'm sure they would like the members.

          Enjoy
          Andrew

          >>Since none of the actual BitTorrent developers read this list, and most of
          >>the discussion on this list has been purportedly about development, I'm
          >>now shutting it down.
          >>

          > Uh -- please don't?
          >
          > I know the s/n ratio is kinda low, but I think the list is useful.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • John Prevost
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 2005
            On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:29:30 -0800 (PST), Bram Cohen
            <bram@...> wrote:

            > Since none of the actual BitTorrent developers read this list, and most
            > of the discussion on this list has been purportedly about development,
            > I'm now shutting it down.
            >
            > If any of you people who have been discussing protocol here would like to
            > design your own protocol, go right ahead, but don't call it BitTorrent.

            Do you have a suggestion about where I should go to read about the
            current development of BitTorrent? For my part, I was very excited to
            read your message (some time ago) about a BT2 protocol, and have
            remained on the list mainly hoping to hear more about it.

            I suspect that similar feelings have led into a lot of the current
            protocol discussion, as folks have been speculating about what you
            might have in mind, and trying various implementations of hash trees
            out, and the like.

            For myself, I'd like very much to hear about what direction things are
            going. I don't particularly care about interjecting my own comments
            too much, and could do without the pointless speculation if I could
            find out something real.

            Thanks very much,

            John.