Re: Bittorent through a proxy?

  • terry_brns <gurki@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2003
      Ok, i'll try it. Thanks.

      --- In BitTorrent@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Brampton" <andrew@b...>

    • Jason Brantley <jbboulder@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
        I'm trying to set up my tracker so I can keep the people out who
        have been using it without my permission. I have set up a folder
        for the .torrent files that are authorized, and I have set up an FTP
        account for the people that have permission to use my tracker so
        they can upload the .torrents to the folder.

        Here is the tracker .bat file:

        bttrack.py --port 6969 --dfile dstate --allowed_dir "C:\Program
        Files\BT\BitTorrent-3.1\BitTorrent-3.1\Torrents">>"E:BTlog.log"

        The authorized .torrent files will be uploaded to this directory:
        C:\Program Files\BT\BitTorrent-3.1\BitTorrent-3.1\Torrents

        My first test was unsuccesful. The tracker is up and running but
        when attempting to download a file set I'm getting the following
        error:

        rejected by tracker - Requested download is not authorized for use
        with this tracker

        The .torrent for the fileset I'm attempting to download is in the
        above directory.

        What am I missing?

        Thanks for your assistance.

        Jason Brantley