Snow Geese

  • Jeff Kozma
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2013

      Yakkers, this morning on my way to Klickitat County I saw two Snow Geese in a cut corn field with other geese (probably Canada) on the west side of HWY 97 before you get to the flooded field with the big willow.  I first thought maybe they were hunter decoys but they were too close to the road and goose season doesn’t open until 10/19.  There were also Canada Geese on the east side of the road in another cut corn field.  The two Snow Geese had their heads up, pure white bodies, and small size which ruled out any swan.  On my way back this afternoon both fields were empty of birds.  This may be an area to keep watch for other geese (possibly snows) as there is quite a good size area of cut corn fields that the birds will probably use throughout the fall.

      Jeff Kozma

      Yakima (Terrace Heights)