Grandview STP closed until March, 2014

  • kevinslucas
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2013
      Andy Stepniewski told me recently that Grandview Wastewater Treatment Facility was closed to birders. Today we visited the office there to find out whether birders could get access yet. We were very nicely told no, that it's entirely closed due to construction, & that they expected we'd again get to bird there about March of next year. They are doing major repairs due to an unexpected failure.
      There's still walk-in access to Byron Ponds, a bit to the south, with plenty of trash & glass & bullet riddled signs at the parking areas. Take your Discovery Pass.
      Good birding,
      Kevin Lucas