Saturday Swifts

  • Rich712@...
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2013
      Chirp,

      First birds went in at 6:49 pm on a very windy night.  The next 11 minutes saw nine more entry events of 35 to 115 individuals.  After that (7:00 pm), the swifts once again seemed to struggle to gain entry as if the opening was clogged.  I estimated 200 in the air at that time and in the next 10 minutes I tallied ~260 more entries.  The last bird struggled for several minutes but finally found a hole at 7:12 pm.  Grand total for the night was 1,141.

      Not so swift
    • jdueis
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2013
        I was at the swift event last night....didn't see you Rich, but really enjoyed it!  What a great event to witness!

        Julie