YVAS birdwalk this morning

  • Luke Safford
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2013
      We had a great walk on the Greenway this morning with 37 species. We had a few surprising birds including a Western Grebe floating down the Yakima River just a few feet away from us when it was first spotted. Present at the same location on the river were five Greater Yellowlegs. Other good birds were Townsend's Solitaire and two Townsend's Warblers. Included is our full list from ebird. Come join us next Thursday as we leave the Union Gap Greenway parking lot at 8am.

      Luke

      Poppoff Trail, Yakima, US-WA
      Sep 26, 2013 8:00 AM - 9:45 AM
      Protocol: Traveling
      1.0 mile(s)
      Comments:     Luke Safford, Joe and Karen Zook, Loretta Olsen, Richard Repp, Elizabeth Bohn, Mike Roper, Kevin Lucas
      37 species

      Canada Goose  23
      Wood Duck  90
      Mallard  13