Grebes at Priest Rapids Dam

  • Scott Downes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2013
      Stopped by Priest Rapids dam on my way back from Vantage today. Grebes were the notable, with five species present (missing only Pied-billed). A good sized flock of Eared Grebes was present, possibly remnants of some of the birds Andy posted a few weeks ago?

      Also just north of the dam was a group of six Westerns and one Clark's Grebe. The Clark's seemed early to me, with my sightings on Priest Rapids and Wanapum Lake coming in October and November previously.

      Decent gathering of gulls on Goose Island and below the dam, but only the usual species of California and Ring-billed. One decent flock of Greater Scaup was also present.

      Scott Downes
      Yakima WA