Parakeet Roaming Terrace Heights

  • Rich712@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2013
      Chirp,

      Received a call from a woman who lives in the 3700 block of Gun Club Road. For a couple of weeks, a parakeet (greenish body, yellow head) has been a fairly constant visitor to her bird feeding area...usually in the morning hours. A bit feisty, she has seen it chase off birds as large as doves.

      The woman is concerned about the parakeet's survival. Any Yakkers know of anyone who may have lost a parakeet? Or have any idea how to capture the little guy. Years ago, I thought I read that placing an escapee's cage on a blanket in a visible location might be inviting enough to have the bird enter the open door cage. That was predicated on the bird's owner having the "known" cage. The concerned woman is in a wheelchair and not mobile enough to participate much in the rescue effort.

      If any one would like more information, email me and I can give you the woman's phone number. She would appreciate any help or suggestions.

      Richard Repp