By chance birding.

  • Paul Huffman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2013
      Friday evening I dropped by the Yakima Craft Brewing on River Road for a
      growler and I noticed a bird approaching. The rapid shallow wing beats
      attracted my attention. I could tell it was not an osprey. A prairie or
      a peregrine passed right over me. I'll say prairie because the wing
      tips were fingered rather than pointed, and there was more white about
      the head.

      Saturday morning I was at the light at Highway 12 and Old Naches, and
      picked up another distinctive flight pattern. A cooper's hawk with a
      couple black birds or kingbirds in pursuit.