Clear Lake area

  • Eric Heisey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2013
      Hey all,
      I've spent the last two weeks at Clear Lake for a summer camp and just thought I would report some of the highlights. I got 4 or 5 year firsts, and some other decent birds. The best bird was probably a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers that may be nesting near the spillway east of the lake. Also noted in camp itself were Olive-sided Flycatcher, Pygmy Nuthatch, and other usuals. On a trip up to Bear Creek Mtn I got a pair of Anna's Hummingbirds (nesting...?) buzzing around the lupine. Also noted were Nutcrackers, Pacific Wren, and a "Sooty" Fox Sparrow calling at the summit.

      An Anna's Hummingbird was at our Trumpet vine this morning.

      For questions, send me an email.

      Thanks, Eric