Anna's Hummingbird in Terrace Heights

  • kozma.jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2013
      I had an Anna's Hummingbird at my feeder this afternoon. I noticed a larger, grayer hummingbird at the feeder yesterday evening but never got a good look through binoculars to confirm it was an Anna's. That is because two Rufous Hummingbirds are trying to dominate the feeder, my trumpet vine and my front hummingbird garden. The Anna's appears to be a juvenile (immature) bird as there was no color on the throat from what I could see. I also had an immature Black-chinned in the front flower garden today...three hummer species in about 15 minutes isn't bad!

      Jeff Kozma

      Yakima (Terrace Heights)