Nome photos

  • George Vlahakis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2013
      Denny and Scott:

      Thank you for the kind comments.

      I wished I had more than just a few days up there. It was a lot of driving over sometimes rough roads, looking for things that are close enough to the road to shoot. Chasing them across the tundra is no fun, and there is no cover that would allow you to get closer. So the 600mm was very useful, and I used the 300 to shoot out of the car when I was unable to get out and set up the big lens. Surprisingly, we never saw Wheatears or Snow Buntings, which should be guaranteed. Also missed on Gyrfalcon and Arctic Loon.

      George