Kingbird?

  • A. Kidd
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2013

      This morning around 9am I was watching a bird on the overhead wires, sounded familiar.  Then it darted up and out and back; it met up with another bird which just kind of sat there.    A total of 5 birds were flying around, it looked like two were adults and three were acting uncertain - immatures? - the adults went up to the others and looked like they were feeding them.

      After checking through some books and Cornell U. website, they appear to have been Western Kingbirds.   Every year I go through this trying to identify the same bird, I hope I succeeded this time.        Their call sounded like the recording on the website.
      Neat bird to watch.

      Thanks all for the updates on Nighthawks.  They were always one of my favorites as a kid.
      Alice