Cow Pond

  • Eric Heisey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2013
      Hey all,
      Did a short trip down to the cow pond this afternoon which yielded 24 species. The highlight was 2 Semipalmated Sandpipers, the first record for the county this year. They were feeding and bathing with 3 Least Sandpipers. Other birds of note were Black-necked Stilt and Redhead.

      Eric
    • Eric Heisey
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2013
        Hey all,
        Went down to the Cow Pond yesterday at around 6:45. There were 3 Semipalmated Sandpipers (this time I'm certain!), a possible Baird's that didn't want to stand, Least, Spotted, and Stilts. I also saw a bird behind the peeps that looked almost like a Common Grackle, with a bigger bill and longer tail in a flock of Brewer's Blackbirds. Unfortunately, when I got my camera out to take a picture, all of the Brewer's had flown away, the possible Grackle had gone with them. I didn't get good enough looks to call it, but I'll be back today to look again.

        Thanks! Eric