Chinook Pass run-12 July

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2013
      Yakkers,

      Denny annd I ran up to Chinook Pass trying for Black Swift Friday night. We stopped off at Tthe Gold Creek Restaurant for a burger. An ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRD was our best bird here.It was larger than the Rufous hummers at the feeder, with dusky gray-white flanks and underparts, a bright green back, and no rufous in its tail. At least this year, it is becoming apparent that Anna's are increasing in summer east of Cascades in the Yakima area.

      California Quail 1
      Anna's Hummingbird 1
      Rufous Hummingbird 5
      Calliope Hummingbird 1
      Common Raven 1
      Barn Swallow 1
      American Robin 1
      Red-winged Blackbird 5
      Brewer's Blackbird 3
      Brown-headed Cowbird 20
      Cassin's Finch 2
      House Finch 5
      Red Crossbill 1
      Pine Siskin 2
      Evening Grosbeak 1
      House Sparrow 5

      Then we headed up to Chinook Pass for a Black Swift search. It was cold and breezy so no luck on the swift. .

      Red-breasted Nuthatch 2
      Golden-crowned Kinglet 2
      Hermit Thrush 2
      American Robin 2
      Varied Thrush 3
      Yellow-rumped Warbler 1
      Townsend's Warbler 1
      Dark-eyed Junco 1
      Western Tanager 1
      Pine Siskin 5
      Evening Grosbeak 1

      On our return we stopped for 15 minutes at Morse Creek and hooted in a BARRED OWL..