Re: [BirdYak] Anna's Hummingbird(s)

  • Scott Downes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2013
      Jeff,
      Interesting! I was looking at Ebird a few days ago and noticed that
      Christine Charbonneau who lives on Elk Run Rd in Kittitas Co was reporting
      an adult male in June/early July and said possibly she was seeing a pair.
      These sightings might be the start of the species breeding on the eastern
      slopes of the Cascades. At our house, they (immature birds) have coming
      earlier each summer (last year in July) and staying until March last two
      years.

      Will be interesting to follow the expanding nature of this species into
      Yakima County.

      Scott Downes
      downess@...
      Yakima WA

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2013
        I watched Anna's coming to flowers in White Salmon on Saturday, but of
        course that is not Yakima County.