Am. Three-Toed Woodpeckers

  • read2learn55
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013
      On Sunday, June 23, we headed up Bethel Ridge to see what we could find. The highlight was a pair of American Three-Toed Woodpeckers feeding a very noisy nestling.

      We went back up yesterday to check the nest and found an adult in the nest and no sign of the other adult. We checked the nest 3 different times during our ramblings for a total of about 1 1/2 hours of observation. I am posting a photo.