Calliope Hummingbird...yard bird

  • kozma.jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2013
      I was very surprised today to see an immature or female Calliope Hummmingbird nectaring at Salvia 'Fuhrman's Red', Salvia 'Maraschino', and Salvia 'Wendy's Wish' in my garden today. This is either really early for a fall migrant or very late for a spring migrant. I usually don't see Calliope's during fall migration until at least mid-late July.

      Jeff Kozma

      Terrace Heights