A tour of the Round Mountain burn today

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2013

      John Hebert and I tortured ourselves by hiking to and through the Round
      Mountain burn today. We were warned that the hillside was very steep but I
      think that was an understatement. It was really steep. The burn starts
      quite a ways up the hill. We were searching for American Three-toed
      Woodpeckers but we dipped. We did see four or five Black-backed
      Woodpeckers, five or six Hairy Woodpeckers and heard a couple of Northern
      Flickers. If you are interested in finding woodpeckers, I would suggest you
      go anywhere but Round Mountain. Did I mention that it was steep?

      John stumbled on a real surprise on the way down. To see what it was you
      will have to go to the new photos folder on my website:

      www.granstrand.net.gallery/newphotos

      Denny Granstrand

      Denny Granstrand
      Yakima, WA