New photos on my website

    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 17, 2013

      Saturday afternoon Chris and I went up Bethel Ridge and wandered around the
      burn that is accessed along the microwave road. We were hoping for lots of
      woodpeckers but only found one Black-backed Woodpecker. There were 14
      Clark's Nutcrackers, though, which were nice to see.

      We ate dinner along a forest road going west from the Bethel Ridge Road
      about two miles from Hwy 12. After we ate, I walked back to the Bethel
      Ridge Road and tooted for Northern Pygmy-Owl. I attracted many passerines
      and finally a pygmy-owl tooted back. I walked back to where Chris was
      sitting beside our fire and the tooted occasionally. The pygmy-owl followed
      me and eventually flew to the very top of a tall snag right in front of
      us. It stayed for about 15 minutes. It has been many years since I last saw
      a pygmy-owl and it was quite a thrill.

      I places some new photos in the new photos folder on my website. I hope you
      enjoy them. They include my best yet of Williamson's Sapsuckers, both male
      and female.

      There are also new photos from a trip up the Ahtanum to thte "woodpecker
      aspen grove" which include one of a Pileated Woodpecker.

      Denny Granstrand

      * * * * * * * * * * * *
      Denny Granstrand
      Yakima, WA
      dgranstrand AT gmail.com

      www.granstrand.net/gallery/

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 9, 2013

        I have placed photos from the past two weekends in the new photos folder on my website.

        Memorial Weekend I birded Gray's Harbor County with the highlight being a Lesser Sand-Plover (formally Mongolian Plover) and Elegant Terns.

        Other photos include shorebirds from Wenas Lake and  juvenile Pine Grosbeak seen on the YVAS field trip to Sheep Lake yesterday.

        Denny Granstrand

        *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
        Denny Granstrand
        Yakima, WA
        dgranstrand AT gmail.com
        www.granstrand.net/gallery/
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 21, 2013

          I have placed new photos on my website that include Stilt Sandpipers at Linc Coulee and birds in our backyard. Yesterday afternoon I was standing in the shade of our cedar tree trying to get photos of birds in the water feature when an immature Cooper's Hawk swooped in and landed on the pergola right in front of me. Pretty cool!

          I found a dead House Sparrow with a large tumor on its wing. There is a photo of it but I will warn you that it is pretty gross.

          The photos can be seen at:

          I hope you enjoy them.

          Denny Granstrand

          *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
          Denny Granstrand
          Yakima, WA
          dgranstrand AT gmail.com
          www.granstrand.net/gallery/
          Message 4 of 19 , May 21, 2014

            I loaded some new photos in the new photos folder on my website, including ones of the Red-necked Phalarope and Semipalmated Plover at the Costco pond yesterday:

            I hope you enjoy seeing them

            Denny Granstrand

            --
            *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
            Denny Granstrand
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 20, 2014

              I finally got the photos from our field trip to Grays Harbor County the first weekend of October on my website:

              I hope you enjoy them,

              Denny Granstrand

              Denny Granstrand
              Yakima, WA