Bethel Ridge Burn

  • JOHN HEBERT
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15 6:55 PM
      I spent all day yesterday walking the burn below the microwave tower.
      Highlights include: a lone male THREE_TOED WOODPECKER, mom and dad
      Black-backed feeding squalling young in a cavity, and a BARRED OWL calling
      after dark near Tieton Ponds. The payback for birding alone and QUIETLY was a family
      of Sooty Grouse that walked within 10 yards before they saw me.

      If you have never been on Bethel Ridge as night approaches you have missed a
      rare treat. The view of the snow covered peaks and volcanos plus the star filed
      sky is spectacular!

      John Hebert
      Yakima, WA