Lesser Goldfinches and Red-eyed Vireo aong Satus Creek-31 May

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 9:34 PM
      Yakkers,

      Denny Granstrand and I spent an hour this afternoon along Satus Creek south
      of Toppenish. At about Milepost 47 we had a RED-EYED VIREO at the edge of
      the dense White Alders just a few yards to the east of US-97. This spot is
      just south of a tiny cherry orchard. The pullout here (at the north end of a
      guardrail) is small but adequate to be a safe spot.

      To the south and only a short stretch north of the Klickitat/Yakima County
      line, we stopped and first heard ("tee-ur") and then observed LESSER
      GOLDFINCHES. We noted both males and females, in the big fields to the east
      of the highway. There's a stout corral in the distance (base of sidehill)
      where Denny took some photos.