Re: [BirdYak] Interesting dove

  • Scott R a y
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2013
      Hi Linda,

      You found a Ringed Turtle Dove, also Called African Collared Dove
      (Streptopelia roseogrisea), a cage bird that is seen fairly regularly
      as an escapee. I'm not sure if they are successfully breeding in WA.
      Individuals I have encountered were quite tame. In fact, I caught one
      with my hands at a campground near Lewiston, ID a few years ago.

      Andy may be able to add details on this species in Yakima County.

      Scott Ray
      Yakima, WA
      mryakima at gmail dot com