Bobolinks

  • Jan Gano
    Message 1 of 8 , May 22, 2013
      The first of the year Bobolinks were reported at Lateral C and Toppenish creek last Thursday and Friday. That is good news since only 7 birds were observed last year.

      Surveying for Bobolinks this year will be abbreviated but we are hopeful of identifying some nesting locations so we can work with the land managers to protect nest sites from cattle grazing or haying.

      It would be very helpful if all sightings of Bobolinks by BirdYakkers and others get posted to BirdYak including sex and location. Or just shoot me an email.

      Thanks, Jan
      Message 2 of 8 , May 23, 2013
        All,

        There were 2 male Bobolinks singing during a lull in the rain 22 May. One was west of Lateral C, which then flew to the east side of the road. The other was on the east side.

        A Big Day report on Tweeters by Ryan Shaw cites 6 Bobolinks , with no details, along Lateral C 18 May. The observers are all top notch.