Red-eyed Vireo

  • Eric Heisey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2013
      Hey all,

      Just finished a short post-rain bird walk that resulted in some pretty good birds. The highlight bird was a singing Red-eyed Vireo calling from across the river, giving both its nasal "chewy" call and its fast "here-I-am, look-up" call (as described by Sibley's). Also of note was a Swainson's Thrush (most likely blown down in the storm, a yard first), 12 Evening Grosbeaks, and a Warbling Vireo. I'm sure somebody will want to see the Red-eyed Vireo, so if you're interested, contact me at magicman32@....

      Thanks! Eric