Black-headed Grosbeaks

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2013
      Greetings!

      Have a couple of male Black-headed Grosbeaks hanging out at my feeders. This is the third year we've had them in our yard. Also know from the calls that we have multiple Bewick's Wrens. Both Rufous and Black-chinned Hummingbirds at my feeders on May 6.

      Checked on the Great Horned Owl at Fort Simcoe. Found the adult out of the nest in a nearby tree and the juvenile in the nest--or what's left of the nest which appears in very poor shape. Since they do not build nests, unless a raptor repairs it, I cannot see the owls using it again.

      Linda King, the old rookie birder in White Swan