Swan and Empids

  • Eric Heisey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 9:51 PM
      Hey all,
      Wanted to report some interesting sightings dating back to Friday.

      Friday morning I had a Gray Flycatcher down in the migrant trap by the river. It has since moved on. There were also two empids that I have positively ID'ed as Hammond's Flycatchers chasing each other. I only made the ID today after refinding them at the same migrant trap. Both of these were yard birds, although not unexpected.

      Second, there was a juvenile Tundra Swan (very late) on Buchanan Lake when I was driving back from Seattle (more details on Seattle trip coming soon). I would just make out the yellow lores, eliminating Trumpeter. Not a Pelican, all white wingtips and a black bill. Also, there were 15 or so Vaux's Swifts by one of the bridges near the greenway on Hwy 12. Both of these were at about 4:45.

      Thanks, Eric