East Valley Great Egrets

  • Scott R a y
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2013
      I was surprised to see two Great Egrets flying north over Mieras Road
      near the intersection of Faucher Rd this morning. From a distance I
      thought they looked like pelicans, but they turned into egrets as i
      got closer. They were even catching thermals as the moved north at an
      altitude of about 500 feet.

      Scott R
      Yakima, WA
      mryakima at gmail dot com
    • Luke Safford
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2013
        I had one fly over me on my morning run near the intersection of Terrace
        Heights Drive and University Way. It was catching thermals as well headed
        north