Avocets

  • Kerry L Turley
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2013
      Yakkers,

      Two American avocets have joined the black-necked stilts at the Granger/Outlook pond on Hwy 12.

      Kerry
      Sunnyside

    • gadzooks58
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2013
        Thanks, Kerry!

        We went out today to take a look. We could barely see through all of the blowing dust out there, but we found the Avocets. Well, maybe I am exaggerating a little, but it was really windy! There were waves and whitecaps on the pond. Our list from the pond today:

        American Wigeon 20
        Mallard 6
        Green-winged Teal 4
        Redhead 7 (4 males, three females)