Yakima Migration Count May 18th

  • Scott Downes
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2013
      Yakima County migration count is Saturday May 18th. Teams cover various portions of the county, similar to Christmas Bird Count style (but over the whole county). The goal is to count all of the birds in the county, but often a focus goes towards diversity of species. The last two years, tallied 195 species in 2011 and 190 species in 2012. Maybe with luck, the 200 species barrier can be broken?

      We are in need of birders to help fill out teams. Some teams go from dawn to dusk, but for those that want to help out and can't make that long out a commitment, part day help is also useful.

      If you are interested in helping, send me an email and I'll get you in contact with team leaders. While I can't promise any certain team, let me know if there is a certain part of the county you are more interested in helping out with. I'll try my best to accommodate.

      Thanks.

      Scott Downes
      downess@...
      Yakima WA