Disturbing

  • kevinslucas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      This afternoon as I was arriving at Route 24 - 19 mile I was dismayed to see a birder trespassing. Driving down the highway, it was easy for drivers to see him walking around with binoculars in the sagebrush on the other side of the fence. Maybe he was trying to see Sage Thrashers that Richard Repp posted about, as I'd hoped to.
      The trespasser exited from the signed off area, walking right past the prominent "NO TRESPASSING" sign that his SUV was parked facing.
      I don't know why the Sage Thrashers & juncos & White-crowned Sparrows & meadowlarks stayed down & kept much quieter for 10 minutes after he left. It's possible they too were disturbed.

      Kevin Lucas