Little Blue Heron south of Ellensburg

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2002

      The Little Blue Heron that was reported south of Ellensburg is at a small
      marsh on Ringer Road off of the Canyon Road straight south of Ellensburg.
      From I-90, take the Canyon Road - SR 821 - south a little over two miles and
      turn right on Ringer Road. The marsh is on the east side of the road. I
      saw it this evening from 7:30 to 7:50. I found it roosting and preening in
      a cottonwood tree across a large pasture from Ringer Road, at the north end
      of the marsh.

      The White-winged Dove I reported in an earlier e-mail was seen this
      afternoon by several observers. From Kittitas go north of No. 81 Road to a
      "T" at Brick Mill Road; turn right. The dove frequents the feeders at a
      cream-colored house with a green roof on the south side of the road. There
      is a frame over the driveway gate with a weathered elk rack on it. There
      is a gravel road just east of this house that the feeders in the back of the
      house can be seen from. Or it might be on the west side of the house.

      Let's all go chase these incredible birds!

      Denny
      * Denny Granstrand *
      * Yakima, WA *
      * osprey@... *