Re: Swans

  • gadzooks58
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013
      Joe and I were also up on Tule Rd. Monday, and from the ridge we also saw a large number of swans. We would agree that there were at least 100, possibly more, but counting them from a moving car is not practical, and neither is parking on Hwy 97, so we did some exploring down at Refuge HQ. Unfortunately most of the swans were within a closed area and we were not able to count them (or even see them), but we did hear them. Quite an impressive sound.

      Later that same day, we stopped on Marion Drain to view the Zimmerman Ponds and found a small number of swans, but nothing noteworthy.

      Karen Zook