Bohemian Waxwings near Madera Way, Yakima

  • yakthrasher
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2013
      There has been a flock of mixed waxwing species in the vicinity of
      Madera and Modesto Way between 48th Ave and 51st Ave the past three
      days. This is in the Englewood neighborhood and near the Scenic Heights
      neighborhood. The flock is 50+ birds and contains about a 60/40 mix of
      cedar/bohemian. A couple weeks ago I also had 25 B. waxwings in our
      yard, so these birds likely have been in the area for a while.

      Thought I'd post in case somebody needs B. waxwing for their year (or
      county, state, life) list.

      Scott Downes
      downess@...
      Yakima WA