Burrowing Owls & Elk

  • G
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      For anyone interested in the behavior of local burrowing owls at different times of the year you might want to attend the Winter Birds activities at McNary wildlife refuge near Burbank, WA this Saturday morning (Feb 23). At 9:30 AM I will show a 30-minute DVD of adult and young owls doing their natural things. This includes a short segment of 3-day old owlets recorded inside an artificial burrow.

      Later (10:30) I will show a DVD of the behavior of Rocky Mountain Elk and other creatures on the Arid Lands Ecology (ALE) portion of the Hanford project before and after the big fire of 2008 that burned off most of the vegetation on ALE.