Blue Jay reported on S. 20th Ave.

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013

      I got an e-mail today from a person who lives at S. 20th Ave. and
      Viola Ave. (3 blocks or so south of Nob Hill) who said there is a Blue
      Jay at their feeder. This is just around the corner from Kevin Lucas
      and Mary Giovanini's place on Gregory, where there was a Blue Jay last
      April. One would suspect it is the same Blue Jay.

      I stopped by there at about 5:00 but my ipod battery was dead so I
      couldn't try to call the jay in. Tomorrow is another day.

      Denny Granstrand

      * * * * * * * * * * * *
      Denny Granstrand
      Yakima, WA
      dgranstrand AT gmail.com
      www.granstrand.net/gallery/
    • akratty
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
        Hi, Yakkers!

        We are actually on Greenway (not Gregory - thanks, Autocorrect) between 18th and 20th. I'll keep an eye out on my morning walk tomorrow and try to let folks know if I see B.J.
        Thanks,
        Mary Giovanini

        --- In BirdYak@yahoogroups.com, Denny Granstrand wrote:

        > Hi Yakkers,
        >
        > I got an e-mail today from a person who lives at S. 20th Ave. and
        > Viola Ave. (3 blocks or so south of Nob Hill) who said there is a Blue
        > Jay at their feeder. This is just around the corner from Kevin Lucas
        > and Mary Giovanini's place on Gregory, where there was a Blue Jay last
        > April. One would suspect it is the same Blue Jay.
        >
        > I stopped by there at about 5:00 but my ipod battery was dead so I
        > couldn't try to call the jay in. Tomorrow is another day.
        >
        > Denny Granstrand
        >

        > * * * * * * * * * * * *
        > Denny Granstrand
        > Yakima, WA
        > dgranstrand AT gmail.com
        > Denny Granstrand's bird photos can be seen at:
        > www.granstrand.net/gallery/

      • akratty
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2013
          I did not see or hear a Blue Jay on my walk this morning, but Kevin put out some black sunflower seeds, just in case one shows up. We do have Western Scrub-Jays making regular appearances at the feeders and in the neighborhood, in case anyone is looking for them.
          If some intrepid birder does find a Blue Jay - especially in vicinity of 20th and Viola, or near Greenway - please let me and Kevin (Lucas) know. If you don't have our phone numbers, please reply to this post, and I can send you the numbers.
          Thanks, and happy birding!
          Mary Giovanini