Northern Saw-whet

  • cachenotcheck
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2013
      I went back to the cemetary on West Wapato Road this morning. The Long Eared Owl wasn't there this AM. I did find the owl I was looking for though. A Northern Saw-whet (life bird for me). As you take the first entrance into the cemetary continue to where the road curves to the left. If you don't turn, you will run into the cedar tree the owl is in. It was still there when I left.

      I also made the loop out lateral C and back down Old Goldendale Rd.
      There were 2 adult and 3 younger bald eagles in the trees along Toppenish Creek.

      A check of the Parker Bridge, didn't reveal the Red-shouldered Hawk.

      Lamont "Mac" McLachlan