Emerald Road yesterday

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3 10:13 AM

      I stopped by Emerald Road near Granger yesterday. Most of the
      shorebirds eluded me. I viewed the Yakima River from two locations:
      the first was at the west end of Emerald Road, which is the first
      river viewpoint you come to on Emerald Road. Then I drove 1.5 miles
      east and parked beside a big metal electrical tower and scanned the
      river from there.

      There was a Greater White-fronted Goose in a flock of Canada Geese
      from the east viewpoint. Also in with the Canada Geese were five or
      six Lesser Canada Geese and one Taverner's Cackling Goose.

      Straight south of the electrical tower there was an adult Bald Eagle
      sitting on a very large nest in a tree on the south side of the river.
      Couldn't tell if it was setting up housekeeping, though it is worth
      keeping an eye on.

      Here is my list:

      Yakima River--Cherry Hill below Granger, Yakima, US-WA
      Feb 2, 2013 12:00 PM - 12:50 PM
      Protocol: Traveling
      3.0 mile(s)
      13 species

      Greater White-fronted Goose 1 One in a flock of Canada Geese
      Cackling Goose 1
      Canada Goose 219
      Mallard 38
      Green-winged Teal 12
      Great Blue Heron 1
      Bald Eagle 2
      Red-tailed Hawk 1
      Killdeer 1
      Greater Yellowlegs 1 Continuing at this location
      Rock Pigeon 24
      Common Raven 1
      Yellow-rumped Warbler 2

      Denny Granstrand