Red-shouldered Hawk still there!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013

      On my way to the mall this afternoon for some shopping I somehow
      detoured to the Parker Bridge Road for half an hour. I found the
      Red-shouldered Hawk fairly quickly perched in a tree on the west side
      of the dirt road that goes south along the west side of the river. It
      soon flew to a tree in the windrow about 100 yards to the west. I was
      able to get a good view of it from the Parker Bridge Road and got my
      best photos yet. And it was eating a rodent. It appears to be healthy
      and active. After it ate the rodent, it flew to the northwest and I
      could not find it again.

      New photos of the Red-shouldered Hawk are in the new photos folder on
      my website.

      Denny Granstrand

      Denny Granstrand
      Yakima, WA