Thursday Program Anouncement

  • Elizabeth Bohn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013
      BirdYak,

      Tomorrow is our January Chapter Meeting.  The following annoucement is from the Calliope Crier.

      Safari to Tanzania with Tuck Russell
       Once every decade my family goes on a big trip abroad. Last June, we went on safari in Tanzania. Our guides found us to be far more interested in birds than most of their clients, and we totaled over 170 species of birds on that ten day trip. Oh, yes, we saw a few ani-mals, too. We didn't see a kill in progress - and frankly aren't sure we wanted to - but we saw every animal we could have wanted. We learned a lot about the animals and their ecosystem. I hope to pass on a bit of this learn-ing, as well as the sheer splendor of Tanzania's wildlife. Tuck Russell has been an "on again off again" birder since childhood. It began as a rivalry with his older sis-ter to see who could compile the bigger life list. His parents encouraged this, as it appeared no one would get hurt. Since his sister's vocation involves a lot more world travel than his, he has resigned himself to losing this rivalry, but is now attempting to move beyond this loss, and is currently
      in an "on again" phase.