Re: [BirdYak] And the winner is...

  • Michael Hobbs
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2013
      I did manage to get a few more – I finished with 226 for the year, which ain’t bad considering it takes me a minimum of two hours just to GET to Yakima county. Throw in an almost total lack of familiarity with the county at the start of the year, and the fact that I didn’t start thinking about doing a Yakima Big Year until May, I think I did pretty well.

      It was my best year of birding in one county ever, including my home county of King, where I’ve never bested 220.

      I’ll have to get back over to you guys sometime soon, though I will only be working on my Yakima life list this year. (And I still need Bohemian Waxwing, American Tree Sparrow, and Swamp Sparrow, just to name a few).

      == Michael Hobbs
      == Kirkland, WA
      == www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
      == BirdMarymoor@...