Short-eared Owls atop Rattlesnake Ridge-2 Jan.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2013
      Yakkers,

      Late this afternoon I hiked to the ridge crest on what Ellen and I call "The
      Little Snake Trail," which rises 700 feet in elevation from our home. Birds
      were very few (few larks, magpies, and ravens) on the snowy grassland and
      scattered shrub-steppe. Most notable were hunting Short-eared Owls, a
      fabulous sight over this stark, but beautiful landscape!