Bohemian Waxwings on 22nd Ave

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2012

      Yesterday, Stan and Lori Isley found a flock of 20 Bohemian Waxwings perched in tall birch trees in the 700 block of 22nd Avenue. The location can be accessed from either Nob Hill Blvd or Tieton Drive. Just drive to the top of the hill and look for St Helens Street; might want to park on it or the other dead end road there (Tah-Kin Road) as 22nd is a bit narrow. I got a glimpse of the flock yesterday around 3 pm before an accipiter flushed them.

      Andy (and Ellen, I assume) just phoned me at 11:15 am Monday and the waxwings are there with Red Crossbills, Western Scrub Jay, and assorted other species. Andy found junipers, fruited trees and generally birdy habitat. The birch trees are at 703 South 22nd Ave, the home of longtime YVAS member Kay Marsh.