Thursday morning walk highlights

  • Luke Safford
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2012
      Hey everyone,

      We had a great turnout this morning--both birders and the birds!

      13 of us met up at 8:30am and we managed to find 38 species including
      Cassin's Finch and Orange-crowned Warbler. We added a couple Brown
      Creepers, Hooded Mergansers, and Wilson's Snipe as well.

      The Cassin's Finch put us at 105 species seen for the year. If you want a
      cumulative look at the past year of our birdwalks just email me and I'll
      send you an excel spreadsheet. Thanks to all who have participated!

      Luke

    • Luke Safford
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2012
        Add 3 Evening Grosbeaks to these notable species. Tuck Russell was among a
        group of birders that left a little early and found grosbeaks between the
        play area and parking lot. This another new species bringing our total to
        106. Thanks Tuck!

        Luke