Looking for Owls

  • Dodgerdog60@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2012
      I had a goal of taking pictures of all the Owls of Washington state this
      year, needless to say I fell way short, I work at Cabelas and we got pretty
      busy. I was wondering if any one had any hints on where I can find a screech
      owl or any other Owl I can get a good picture of. I took some great pics of
      a Horned Owl at Sportsmans park last saturday, he was on the little footpath
      leading to the wooden deck overlooking one of the ponds. And I got some
      shots of the Snowy Owl sitting on the Fedex truck when it was still here.
      earlier this year I had a Barn Owl in my yard so I got that one, And I spent a
      couple pf hours trying to get a Burrowing Owl down near the Toppenish Wild
      Life but he never stuck his head out (or she). There used to be a Screech Owl
      in the Arboretum along the paved path near the nature trail but I havnt seen
      him in a while, any hints?? Thanks, James of Yakima