Swan trapped on Yakima River

  • runningbunnyphotos
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2012
      We were taking photos up the Canyon this afternoon and spotted a Tundra? Swan in the river near the shore on the side nearest the highway. After taking a number of photos of it, we realized that it hadn't moved and appeared to be trapped by something (fishing line?). I tried calling Fish and Game, an Audubon member, The Raptor Center and a vet in Ellensburg who is involved in rescues. I was unsuccessful in finding out who, if anyone, is equipped to try to rescue it. I realize that it will probably become food for a coyote, but is seems a shame not to at least try to get it free. It was right below the big eagles' nest about a mile or so from Red's Fishing Resort toward Ellensburg.

      Any suggestions?