White-throated Sparrow and Slate-colored Junco in Yard

  • Scott Downes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2012
      This morning, there was a white-throated sparrow and a female slate-colored junco under the feeders at our house. The sparrow is yard bird species #96 for us. This year appears to be above normal for the number of white-throated sparrows appearing in eastern Washington, so watch for them.
      Slate-colored juncos typically arrive in our yard towards the end of October (we had 2 last winter) so this is early.

      Scott Downes
      downess@...
      Yakima WA