Byron Ponds and Outlook Pond

  • Luke Safford
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2012
      The plan this morning was to go up to Wenas Lake and look for shorebirds,
      but with the fire up there I decided to head south. I stopped at the
      Outlook Pond and found a couple Lesser Yellowlegs with 5 Least Sandpipers,
      a Spotted Sandpiper, and tons of Killdeer. My next stop was the Byron
      Ponds. I had never been there before and enjoyed checking out the area. Not
      much in the way of shorebirds, but quite a few Black-crowned Night-Herons
      and a good collection of waterfowl. Molting waterfowl are fun to identify!

      Luke

      Here is my complete ebird list from Byron Ponds:

      Byron Ponds, Yakima, US-WA
      Sep 1, 2012 8:52 AM - 10:52 AM
      Protocol: Traveling
      1.5 mile(s)