RE: [BirdYak] Re: White headed woodpecker on Nile Creek

  • Jeff Kozma
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2012
      Yup, a friend of hers called me to report the nest and I checked it this
      week. There are 2 young that I could see in the cavity, both appear to be
      females. Today they are about 23-25 days old so they should fledge in a
      few days. I drove by that snag at least 2x a week and I know of that pair
      that I have monitored in past year, but I never thought to nest search that
      far down the road towards the houses. Now I know!

      Jeff

      Jeff Kozma

      TFW Wildlife Biologist

      Yakama Nation Fisheries Resource Management

      P.O. Box 151

      Toppenish, WA 98948

      O - 509-865-5121 x 6343

      C - 509-945-4926

      F - 509-865-6293

      e-mail - kozj@...

      http://host119.yakama.com/TFW/Wildlife/wildlife.html

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2012
        The female's head and neck feathering looked much like a mullet haircut.